10 Best Places for a Quick Summer Vacation Getaway
If you are having summer vacation fear of missing out, there is still time to squeeze in a getaway.
Pack your suitcase and head to these 10 locations for a summer trip:
- Detroit, Michigan: Take a stop at Motown museum and catch a glimpse of Berry Gordy’s original recording studios. Enjoy a pleasant stay at foundation hotel, a former firehouse in downtown Detroit.
- Ojai California: Sip on vintage wines from more than 60 local vineyards at the city’s social wine festival. Watch a beautiful sunset at days end on Topatoga Bluffs.
- Asbury Park New Jersey: Snack on savory Korean tacos and crepes while walking or biking down the boardwalk. Appreciate the creative street art before you bowl a perfect game at Asbury Lanes.
- Denali National Park, Alaska: Stay at luxury lodge, Sheldon Chalet near North America’s highest peak. The breathtaking views of Denali from a natural mountainside hot spring will fill you with delights.
- Isla Holbox, Mexico: The best ways to get around the 26-mile-long island is walking or by bicycle. Dynamic hued homes and hand-painted signs are at the heart of the island’s art scene.
- Denver, Colorado: You can do a lot of activities here including farmer’s markets and hiking in Estes Park. Head to Red Rocks amphitheater and jam out at an evening show at the winner of the worlds most beautiful venue 10 years in a row!
- St. Maritz, Switzerland: The mountain town is remarkable for its 3,000-year-old mineral springs. It has served as a host for the Winter Olympics twice, first in 1928 and afterward in 1948.
- Iceland: Stroll along the black sand beaches of Reynisfjara and Vik. You could also spot a humpback whale in the Atlantic ocean in Northern Iceland.
- Helsinki, Finland: Looking to unwind? There are plenty of stylish saunas for you to try in the Nordic capital. With about 19 hours of daylight, you’ll take advantage of an apparently unending summer day.
- Luang Prabang, Laos: Visit the Buddhist temples in this UNESCO world heritage town. Enjoy a shot of Lao-Lao or rice whiskey, after sharing a delicious meal with locals.