10 Best Places for Female Solo Travelers
These ten countries are perfect for solo female adventurers around the world.
Few things are more empowering or rewarding than traveling alone.
- New Zealand: The Pacific country has been consistently ranked as one of the safest places for solo travel. Adventure-seekers can bungee jump and ride a boat on the same day on South Island.
- Germany: The inter-city rail network is very helpful for solo travelers to travel to multiple towns. Walk through Christmas market in winter or dance at an outdoor music festival in summer.
- Philippines: Become a volunteer with a winter conservation group to help secure the creatures on the islands. Enjoy the freshly caught seafood and lay on the Instagram-worthy beaches of Palawan.
- Portugal: Watch boats cruise along turquoise waters from a beachside cliff in Algarve. Eat dinner and watch the sunset against the Dom Luis Bridge in Porto.
- Canada: Canada was positioned as the eighth most secure nation on the planet in 2017. The country is famous for its diverse range of scenery and cultures.
- Australia: Race a four-wheel drive car across a beach on Fraser Island in Queensland. Swim among the fish on a snorkeling trip around the Whitsunday Islands.
- Indonesia: Climb past hilltop views of rice paddies on the Campuhan Ridge stroll in Ubud. Visit Tangkuban Perahu, an active Volcano site with three craters, in Bandung.
- Spain: This European country lets you witness the fabulous architecture and also there is no shortage of servings of paella. In June 2017 Madrid famously banned manspreading on public transportation.
- France: In August 2017, the country banned catcalling and street harassment. Nibble on macaroons or walk around the Promenade Plantee in Paris.
- Japan: Japan’s expansive public transportation system makes travel easier from city to city. Visit the Arashiyama Bamboo Grove in Kyoto or check out gadgets at Akihabara in Tokyo