10 Girl Groups that have rocked the charts throughout the years
Girl groups are the role models and best friends we’ve always wanted.
Check out these 10 girl bands that have rocked the charts throughout the years.
- The Supremes: Originally from Detroit Michigan. They were the quintessential Girl band of the 1960’s. They are one of the most successful singing groups in history. Diana Ross was later featured and became a solo act.
- The Runaways: Joan Jett and Lita Ford were featured and paved the way for women in rock for 3 decades.
- The GoGos: Despite their rep as a Pop act they started as a Punk band in 1978. Founding member Belinda Carlisle went on to chart several top 10 hits in the 1980s.
- Wilson Phillips: Childhood friends formed the group in 1990. Hold On was used in the film Bridesmaids in 2011 and is still a hit almost 30 years after the original release.
- En Vogue: Their versatile vocal range allowed the R&B quartet to “cross-over” into the mainstream. They won 3 MTV Music Awards.
- Bikini Kill: Considered to be the progenitors of the Riot Grrrl movement of the 1990s. They promoted a female-centric environment at their live performances.
- TLC: The best-selling American girl group. They taught ladies the danger of dating “scrubs”. Following the death of Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes in 2002 they now perform as a duo.
- The Spice Girls: The best-selling female group of all time with over 85 million sold. They taught us all the importance of female friendship with their hit “wannabe”.
- Destiny’s Child: One of the most successful Acts of the 2,000’s Kelly, Beyoncé, and Michelle continue to collaborate on each other’s projects.
- Fifth Harmony: The Miami based girl group got their start on the X Factor in 2012. Despite Camila Cabello’s departure in 2016, the group is still going strong.