The 10 Best Island Beaches in the World
Lay out on one of these 10 beautiful island beaches around the globe:
- Honokalani beach Maul, Hawaii: The sand on Honokalani’s coal black shore is actually made up of little lava pebbles. Explore the coastline lava cylinders and caves cut into lava cliffs along the shore.
- Banana beach, Kohhey Island, Phuket Thailand: This island is a part of a national park and marine conservation area. Appreciate parasailing on crystal-clear waters against a background of lavish green jungle.
- Temae Plage Publique, Moorea, French Polynesia: Temae’s coral reef is home to a huge number of sea animals including stingrays. You’ll have an unhampered view of the bottom of the clear ocean waters.
- Elafonisi, Crete Greece: There are over a hundred rare plants on the island, some of which bloom just in winter. Visit in the spring to avoid the crowds and lay on the pink sand uninterrupted.
- El Nido Palawan Philippines: El Nido is home to over 50 white-sand beaches encompassed by limestone formations. Take a scuba diving course or go on a boat tour through a mystery lagoon.
- Maundays Bay, Anguilla: This crescent-shaped beach is the epitome of relaxation with very few waves.
- Bathsheba beach Barbados: The rugged shoreline of Bathsheba beach is virtually immaculate. .Watch the “Soup Bowl,” a natural phenomenon made by waves colliding with the sand.
- Siasconset beach, Nantucket, Massachusetts: Move to the highest point of the Sankaty Headlight, a lighthouse built in 1850. Stroll down the Sconset bluff walk for views of the Atlantic ocean and beautiful picturesque homes.
- Galleon beach English Harbour Antigua: Take in impressive vistas of tied down boats and for Berkeley, an 18th-century landmark. The beach overlooks captain Horatio Nelson’s warehouse complex.
- Gouverneur St. Barts: Legend has it that French pirate Daniel Montbars buried treasure on the island.