The 5 Most Effective Ways to Treat a Sunburn
Its summer time and Sunburn is a common problem you might also have faced at some point. Sunburns are not just irritating they are painful and can cause long-term damage to your skin.
Here are the five fastest and most effective ways to treat a sunburn.
- Hydrate: When you get affected by a sunburn UV ray causes inflammation so it’s required to moisturize your skin. Drink a lot of water and choose a moisturizer that contains aloe to calm skin.
- Decrease Swelling: You can reduce puffiness by taking an Over-the-counter anti-inflammatory pill, like Advil. It will reduce swelling and redness, as well as if you’re feeling any discomfort or pain.
- Protect any blisters: In case your burn blisters, keep them unblemished and don’t pop or peel them. This will help in healing the burn quickly and the possibility of getting an infection will be decreased. Prescription steroid creams can also sometimes speed up the healing process.
- Fight lasting free-radical damage: UV light creates free radicals which harm your skin cells and increases your risk of skin cancer. Applying a vitamin C serum can prove helpful to limit harmful effects.
- Prevent further sun-damage: It’s essential to prevent your sunburned skin from more UV exposure while it’s still healing. Wear SPF-protective clothes, remain in the shade and slather on the sunscreen. Use a shot glass-sized portion of sunscreen(at least SPF 30) and reapply every two hours.