The 8 Best Barack Obama Moments of All Time
Barack Obama turned 57 on August 4 which means, we have lots of reasons to celebrate his awesomeness. To honor the coolest president, take a look at his 8 best moments ever.
- When he supported Equal Pay: In his 2014 State of the Union address, President Obama called the gender wage gap” wrong” and “an embarrassment”. He advocated for equal pay and said it was time to end workplace policies that “Belong in a ‘Mad Men’ Episode”.
- When he slow-jammed the news: When his Presidency ended months before, Obama stopped by the Tonight Show to put a sultry turn on current events. He and Jimmy Fallon slow-jammed his accomplishments while in office and even took a dig at Donald Trump.
- When he uplifted the Country through song: President Obama while delivering the Eulogy at Sen.Clementa Pinckey’s funeral in 2015, broke into a beautiful performance of ‘amazing grace’ suddenly. The state senator was one of the nine victims who got killed by a white racist inside a Charleston church. Before he started singing he spoke about gun violence and Pinckney’s legacy for about 40 minutes.
When he and Justin Trudeau became best friends: Obama‘s bromance with Joe Biden is at the top but his friendship with Canadian Prime Minister is a close second. The two met for the first time in November 2015 officially shortly after Trudeau ‘s Election. At a 2016 White House state dinner for Canada, Trudeau told Obama they were” more like siblings than friends.
- Every time he interacted with children: Obama‘s eight years in office were filled with adorable moments. Remember the time the group of students helped him up after posing for a photo when he visited Minnesota public school? He also took a break from his presidential duties to play soccer with children in a Brazilian Favella.
- When he did the most Epic Mic drop ever: In 2016 Obama gave us Meme-able moment at his final White House correspondents’ dinner. After numerous hilarious one-liners, he thanked the press and literally dropped the Mic saying “Obama Out.”
- When he awarded Joe Biden the Medal of Honor: In the most touching moment of their Bromance, president Obama unexpectedly awarded his “brother” the presidential medal of freedom in 2016. As a single tear was seen in Biden’s eyes and not a single eye in America was dry that day.
- When he taught us the value of hard work: In a 2016 Linkedin Post, he wrote about how he learned the value of hard work and responsibility as a Baskin-Robbins employee. His love for ice cream completely makes sense now and we can’t blame him for loving free scoops.